Brittleness is a property of tests which renders them likely to break easily despite the lack of bugs in the code.
There are six major causes of brittleness in tests:
- A lack of Data Isolation.
- A lack of Environment Isolation.
- A lack of Process Isolation.
- A lack of Package Isolation.
- Tight Coupling between tests and code.
- Sleep oriented testing.
Hitch implements features and a project structure to help protect your tests against all six sources of brittle test bugs while Integration Testing.